Design Adhesives, Designer Foils and Glitter exist for the just-in-timers who keep thinking that Valentine's Day is "not till next week."
A wood doorhanger, inked with sweet Orchid Crafter's Acid-Free Pigment Ink, is the perfect base for Candy Store and Be Mine Design Adhesives. Use a Stylus and White Oval Tip to apply the ink to the doorhanger and let it dry - really, really dry - so the Design Adhesives adhere properly.
Then, the fun part...simply burnish the patterns and apply Ruby Slippers and Cinnamon Spice Glitter, Lucky Penny and Cherry Pie Designer Foils. Add a poufy red tulle bow - and you're done!
Wouldn't this be the perfect Monday morning surprise to greet your sweetie?
Here's what you need:
- ColorBox Crafter's Acid-Free Orchid Pigment Ink
- Stylus and White Oval Tip
- Candy Store Design Adhesives
- Be Mine Design Adhesives
- Ruby Slippers Glitter
- Cinnamon Spice Glitter
- Lucky Penny Designer Foils
- Cherry Pie Designer Foils
- Wood Doorhanger
- Sanding Block
- Soft Round Paintbrush
- Red Tulle
- Use the Stylus and White Oval tip to ink the front of the the doorhanger with Orchid
- Allow the ink the dry completely, until it no longer feels cool or damp
- Sand the edges of the dry doorhanger with the sanding block
- Cut out and burnish the candy patterns onto the doorhanger
- Brush Cinnamon Spice Glitter onto the lollipop sticks
- Brush Ruby Slippers Glitter onto the lollipops, two "horizontal" wrapped candies, the small heart and two little candy sprinkles
- Press Lucky Penny Designer Foils onto the two "vertical" wrapped candies
- Burnish "BE MINE" onto the doorhanger and press Cherry Pie Designer Foils onto it
- Burnish "XOXOXO" and brush Ruby Slippers onto it
- Cut two hearts from the Be Mine sheet, burnish them at the bottom, and press Cherry Pie Designer Foils onto them
- Cut three more hearts from the Be Mine sheet, burnish them around the candies and brush Ruby Slipper Glitter onto them
- Tie a red tulle bow at the top
Hope you like this fun project. It would be easy to switch colors and greetings to create a birthday or thank-you card using the same basic design. Happy Valentine's Day!