Orange and yellow set the scene for late summer flowers on a fresh green card. The graceful background vine, from the Fancy Edges Design Adhesives, is used with the new Designer Foils in bright Irish Eyes green. It was so easy to foil the vine that I foiled the greeting too. "Seek Joy." is from the Sentiments Design Adhesives.
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads were used to add Tangerine and Yellow Citrus to the chipboard flowers from Blue Hills Studio. The flowers' centers are another Design Adhesive pattern - Flurries, from the Memory Box Collection by Dave Brethauer. They're glittered with Sweet Orange and Honey Glow.
Create several of these cards in different color combinations and have them ready to send a quick greeting or words of encouragement to someone special.
Here are the instructions for this project:
- Fancy Edges Design Adhesives
- Sentiments Design Adhesives
- Flurries Design Adhesives
- Irish Eyes Designer Foils
- Sweet Orange Glitter
- Honey Glow Glitter
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Tangerine Inkpad
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Yellow Citrus Inkpad
- Memory Essentials Stylus and 2 White Leaf Tips
- Bazzill Parakeet Cardstock (3-3/4" x 8-1/2" card)
- Bazzill Carrot Cardstock
- Bazzill Sundance Cardstock
- Paper Accents Sour Apple Cardstock
- Blue Hills Studio Irene's Garden Chipboard Flowers
- Soft Round Paintbrush
- 1/2" Circle Punch
- Foam Dot
- Ink the chipboard flowers with Tangerine and Yellow Citrus using the Stylus and Tips
- Cut the background vine, greeting and two flurries from the various Design Adhesives
- Place them on a hard flat surface, with the opaque liners on the bottom, and gently burnish them with your fingers
- Carefully remove the opaque liners and gently burnish the patterns onto the smoother side of the Sundance and Carrot Cardstock, and the Sour Apple Cardstock.
- Carefully remove the clear liner from the vine, place a strip of foil on the pattern, and burnish it with your finger
- Carefully remove the foil strip and cut the cardstock to 2" x 7-1/4"
- Repeat the process with the greeting on Sour Apple Cardstock and cut it into a strip
- Repeat the process using a paintbrush to apply Honey Glow Glitter to the flurry on the Carrot Cardstock and Sweet Orange Glitter to the flurry on the Sundance Cardstock
- Punch the flurries into 1/2" circles and glue them to the flowers
- Cut a 2-1/2" x 6-5/8" strip of Carrot Cardstock
- Assemble the card, using a foam dot near the right edge of the greeting